Shazam is basically a mobile phone-based music identification application, that uses a mobile built-in microphone to gather a brief sample of music being played. Shazam headquarters is in London and company was founded in 1999 by Chris Barton. It is basically used to search the matching music or artist. If a match is found, information such as the artist, song title, and album are relayed back to the user. There are basically 3 applications that are offered by Shazam like, a free-to-try program simply called Shazam, their pay-to-play program called Shazam Encore, and their most recent addition called (Shazam) RED, launched in 2009. If you are confused that how it works, then let me make you clear, Shazam identifies songs based on an audio fingerprint based on a time-frequency graph called a spectrogram. Today we are here to explain and share with you that what are the alternatives of Shazam application. You can download Shazam for PC using our own method.
Alternatives of Shazam
In this topic we are going to discuss that, Shazam is considered as one of the best application, but still there are other app that can compete Shazam. Not taking much of your time let’s move on to the top 5 alternatives of Shazam;
1. SoundHound: First alternative of Shazam is SoundHound, this application was first known as Midomi until December 2009. This application allows you to identify music by humming, singing or playing a recorded track. You can download this application for Android and smartphone from Google play store and iTunes app store. This application also allows you to identify music by speaking or typing the name of the artist or song. A feature called LiveLyrics displays a song’s lyrics in time with the music, if they are available. Double-tapping on those lyrics moves the music to that point in the song.
2. Tunatic: Second alternative of Shazam is Tunatic, that is a freeware music identification program. With the help of this application you can analyse a song by recording it via microphone or just by playing it through the sound card. If a match is found of your music Tunatic will return the title of the song and the author along with a link for more information. The database is created with information that users can upload with a program called Tunalyzer.
3. MusiXmatch: Our next alternative for Shazam is MusiXmatch, that is mobile phone app that contains a searchable database of more than 6 mln lyrics in more than 28 languages. It scans all the songs in your music library on your smart phone and finds lyrics for all tracks. This application was founded by Massimo Ciociola and a group of co-founders on 21st Jan 2010.
4. SongKong: Next alternative is SongKong, it is basically a music organization and tagger application, that is designed to simplify the task of managing your digital music collection. User interface if this application is very easy and simple, that means you can match your songs from online databases and updates your songs with the correct information from these databases, including artwork. SongKong can even match songs that have no metadata by using audio fingerprinting.
5. TuneUp Mobile: Our last alternative of Shazam is TuneUp mobile, this application quickly and accurately identifies any song that it “listens to” with the click of a button. It also helps you to get lyrics, buy songs from iTunes, share your songs to Facebook and Twitter, and so much more.
This is all about the top 5 alternatives of Shazam from our Shazam for PC. We still think Shazam’s got everyone beat because of its huge collection and the legal channels it’s gone through to make sure they have the license to do what they do. What do you think of Shazam and other related apps? Feel free to share your valuable comments and feedback for the same. You should share this post with your friends and relatives.